Forts and shelters capture kids’ imaginations. It allows them to use their minds to design structures, and their hands and bodies to create them. We’ll design and build forts and shelters using the raw materials that nature provides and our historical knowledge of primitive shelters in this area.
Forts & Shelters is a 2-week camp that offers the opportunity for your camper to strengthen bonds with new friends, go in-depth working on their projects and skills, and benefit from deeper mentoring opportunities with our wilderness educators. Sign your wilderness architect up today!
Your child will:
- Learn about primitive shelter design in our region
- Explore with wonder and curiosity
- Develop resilience and adaptability
- Feel a sense of accomplishment through doing
- Cultivate empathy and connection to people and nature
- Gain the courage to try new things and challenges
- Cultivate patience and serenity
- Engage the body to be active and alive
- Deepen feelings of gratitude
Once a program fills, please join the waitlist. We will do our best to open an additional session based on demand. Learn more about scholarships and payment plan options.
Summer 2022 DatesSign up here!
|Forts & Shelters - 2 Week Camp!||5-8||Granby||9-3||June 27 - July 8, 2022 (NO CAMP 4th of JULY)||$675|
|Forts & Shelters - 2 Week Camp!||9-14||Granby||9-3||June 27 - July 8, 2022 (NO CAMP 4th of JULY)||$675|
|Forts & Shelters - 2 Week Camp!||5-8||Newtown||9-3||June 27 - July 8, 2022 (NO CAMP 4th of JULY)||$675|
|Forts & Shelters - 2 Week Camp!||9-14||Newtown||9-3||June 27 - July 8, 2022 (NO CAMP 4th of JULY)||$675|