The earth’s creativity is endless. Campers will find inspiration in her beauty and diversity and discover more about themselves by experimenting with nature’s palette of colors, shapes, and textures. We’ll explore traditional skills that many have depended on for their survival like basketry, coal-burned spoons, crafting wild herbs into salves, making cordage, and felting. Other creative projects may include drawing, painting, twig weaving, journaling, poetry, sun prints, natural sculpture, pottery, and more. To add a flourish to our creative inspirations, we’ll add in nature games that hone all our senses and maybe even catch a song from the land. Join us and discover your own artistic voice using materials found in nature.
Skills your child will learn:
- Fine motor skills requiring practice and focus
- Identifying plants, trees, and animal tracks
- Discovering the patterns and designs in nature
- Knife & tool skills (age-appropriate)
- Increased awareness of one’s senses
- Recognizing the different qualities of the elements
- Building stronger connections to oneself & nature
- Appreciation and respect for others
- Discovery of one’s creative expression
- Determination, patience, and perseverance
Once a program fills, please join the waitlist. We will do our best to open an additional session based on demand. Learn more about scholarships and payment plan options.
Summer 2020 DatesEnroll Today!
|Woodland Arts||5-8||Granby||9-3||July 20-24, 2020||$375|
|Woodland Arts||5-8||Newtown||9-3||July 27- 31, 2020||$375|