At Two Coyotes Wilderness School, we believe that nature connection is a right, not a privilege. Scholarships are available when you register for any of our programs, thanks to the generous support of our community. Donate today to support our scholarship fund and help us raise $30,000 in 2020!
We are launching a new scholarship application process starting with the 2020 Summer Camp season. We will post the scholarship timeline for the upcoming season on this page and within each program page. We will accept scholarship applications after the deadline, but cannot guarantee that there will be any remaining funds to distribute. Scholarships are subject to change if there are changes to your enrollment. They are non-refundable and do not roll over.
You may apply for a scholarship within the registration process on Active.com. Your application will ask you for the following information:
– Amount requested
– Net household income (after taxes)
– Number of people in household
– An optional, personal statement explaining why this nature connection program is meaningful to you
– An optional, open-ended statement to explain any extenuating circumstances
You do not need to pay a deposit to register and apply for a scholarship (see application for a special discount code), however you do need to pay $50 to accept your award and secure your seat once you have received confirmation of your scholarship amount.
Please refer back to this webpage for the deadlines for scholarship award notifications, accepting your scholarship, setting up a payment plan, and uploading required forms.
Please contact our Finance Director, Nancy Miano, at email@example.com with any questions about our scholarship process. If you have any questions about our programs in general, please contact our Program Director, Stephanie Niles, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp 2020 Timeline
Feb 1st: Enrollment opens
Feb 29th: Scholarship applications due
March 14th: Notice of scholarship awards sent out
March 28th: Scholarship acceptances due, with a $50 deposit
March 28 – 29th: FREE Summer Camp Open House events hosted in Newtown 3/28 and Granby 3/29. Aimed at introducing Two Coyotes to new families, returning families are welcome to attend too with new siblings or friends!
May 1st: Open enrollment closes, Final payments due (or payment plan set up), Med forms due
– Sessions that have not met the minimum enrollment number will be cancelled
– Sessions that have met the minimum enrollment number will remain open until full
– Sessions that are full will maintain a waitlist
– Anyone who has not paid in full, set up a payment plan, and/or uploaded their current med forms by May 1st will get moved to a waitlist
June 1st: Enrolled families receive a Welcome Letter with an introduction to 2020 Summer Camp Staff
– All camps with open spots will continue enrolling until the Friday before that camp starts