Two Coyotes Wilderness School is a nonprofit mentoring organization that connects people to nature, community, and self. Through our programs, we seek to raise future ancestors who are interconnected with nature, embody caring community, and are whole, healthy beings.
We are thrilled to announce that we are growing our Board! This is an exciting time for Two Coyotes – our programs have been expanding (serving more kids, more ages (including adults), and reaching urban communities). We are creating a bold new vision for the future of Two Coyotes and are building our Board to support and guide the organization into this next phase of our development.
Two Coyotes is currently undergoing a transformative process in partnership with CEIO to become a liberated organization inside and out, and the Board is crucial in guiding and supporting this process. As such, we are recruiting new Board members who are thoughtful, committed, and have a combination of some of these orientations, traits, skills and experiences:
– Passionate about the Two Coyotes Mission
– Believe in the power of nature to connect us to ourselves, our community, and the vast and wondrous world of all living beings
– Members of BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities
– Connected to our current program areas (Fairfield, Hartford and Middlesex counties) and/or the communities where Two Coyotes is exploring new partnerships – Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, or Waterbury
– Practice in noticing and naming inequity and in holding the right use of power
– Skills and experience that you are willing to share in:
o Fundraising and Development
o Organizational Leadership, particularly during times of transformation and change
o Finance and Budgeting
o Real Estate
o Nature / Wilderness Programming
Currently, the Two Coyotes Board meets quarterly (4X per year). Board members are also involved in committee work and stay engaged with our program and staff in different ways throughout the year. New Board members will have an exciting opportunity to shape the work of the Board and the organization.
We encourage the involvement of our whole community – students, staff, parents, partners, and other stakeholders – to help us identify new Board members.
If you or someone you know may be interested, please complete this short Board Nomination Form.
For more information or If you have any questions, please reach out to Marc Michaelson, our Board President, at Marc@TwoCoyotes.org.
Two Coyotes Board of Directors
Read more about our current board of directors here.