A person who is connected to the Earth can learn to emulate the plants and animals and become nearly invisible in the forest. Though it takes training and practice, making mistakes is the best way to cultivate this craft. In this camp, your child will train with focus, positive intention, and mindfulness. Campers will build and run wilderness obstacle courses, learn how to move silently through the forest, practice drills to improve balance, awareness and intentional movement, and, for children 8 and older, begin learning to spar with padded weapons. The camp will culminate with a Forest Stealth mission where they will put their skills to the test.
Skills your child will learn:
- Patience, focus and impulse control
- Resilience and adaptability
- Strength and quick reflexes
- Cultivate empathy and thoughtfulness via connection to people and nature
- Gain courage to try new things and challenges
- Cultivate patience and serenity
- Connect to their body and understand how they move
Summer 2019 DatesRegister Now!
|Forest Stealth||5-8||Granby||9-3||June 24-28, 2019||$365|
|Forest Stealth||9-14||Granby||9-3||June 24-28, 2019||$365|
|Forest Stealth||5-8||Newtown||9-3||July 8-12, 2019||$365|
|Forest Stealth||9-14||Newtown||9-3||July 8-12, 2019||$365|