Campers will discover more about themselves by experimenting with nature’s palette of colors, shapes, and textures, and be inspired by her beauty and diversity at Woodland Arts Camp. The earth’s creativity is endless. We’ll explore traditional skills that those that came before us depended on for their survival like basketry, coal-burned spoons, crafting wild herbs into salves, making cordage, and felting. Other creative projects may include drawing, painting, twig weaving, journaling, poetry, sun prints, natural sculpture, pottery, and more. To add a flourish to our creative inspirations, we’ll add in nature games that hone all our senses and maybe even catch a song from the land. Join us and discover your own artistic voice using materials found in nature!
Skills your child will learn:
- Fine motor skills requiring practice and focus
- Identifying plants, trees, and animal tracks
- Discovering the patterns and designs in nature
- Knife & tool skills (age-appropriate)
- Increased awareness of one’s senses
- Recognizing the different qualities of the elements
- Building stronger connections to oneself & nature
- Appreciation and respect for others
- Discovery of one’s creative expression
- Determination, patience, and perseverance
Summer 2019 DatesRegister today and explore the art of self-discovery!
|Woodland Arts||5-8||Granby||9-3||July 22-26, 2019||$365|
|Woodland Arts||5-8||Newtown||9-3||July 29- Aug 2, 2019||$365|
|Woodland Arts||9-14||Newtown||9-3||July 29- Aug 2, 2019||$365|