This advanced course teaches skills practiced by the indigenous people that lived on this continent before it was know as the United States. In many southwestern tribes, the scouts were and still are, protectors who serve as the eyes and ears of the people. They learn from an early age the art of stealth and body control. They are taught to be aware of their surroundings and to track both people and animals. Over the course of this camp, students will learn how to become invisible in the woods, sneak out on exciting missions, and learn how to track wildlife. On Thursday evening, campers get to camp out and practice their scout skills in an epic nighttime adventure.
Skills your child will learn:
- Patience, stillness, and a sense of peace
- Mindfulness and awareness skills
- Sense of comfort in challenging situations
- Accomplishment of challenging missions
- Awareness of the big picture and small details
- Resilience and adaptability to challenges and unexpected changes
- Decision making, teamwork and leadership skills
Summer 2019 DatesNow Enrolling!
|Scout Tracker||9-15||Granby||9am-3pm||July 15-19, 2019||$465|
|Scout Tracker||9-15||Newtown||9am-3pm||Aug 5-9, 2019||$465|